Now, that you have found us . . . How do you know that you belong? How do you know so you can say you belong to us? How can you tell if we are right for you? There have been many a member who have started right where you are right now. We questioned ourselves. Following is a very helpful first "tool" in our "toolbox," if you will allow us to call it that. Here are the questions that we asked ourselves before embarking on this wonderful and miraculous journey:
1. Do I eat when I’m not hungry, or not eat when my body needs nourishment?
2. Do I go on eating binges for no apparent reason, sometimes eating until I’m stuffed or even feel sick?
3. Do I have feelings of guilt, shame, or embarrassment about my weight or the way I eat?
4. Do I eat sensibly in front of others and then make up for it when I am alone?
5. Is my eating affecting my health or the way I live my life?
6. When my emotions are intense—whether positive or negative—do I find myself reaching for food?
7. Do my eating behaviors make me or others unhappy?
8. Have I ever used laxatives, vomiting, diuretics, excessive exercise, diet pills, shots, or other medical interventions (including surgery) to try to control my weight?
9. Do I fast or severely restrict my food intake to control my weight?
10. Do I fantasize about how much better life would be if I were a different size or weight?
11. Do I need to chew or have something in my mouth all the time: food, gum, mints, candies, or beverages?
12. Have I ever eaten food that is burned, frozen, or spoiled; from containers in the grocery store; or out of the garbage?
13. Are there certain foods I can’t stop eating after having the first bite?
14. Have I lost weight with a diet or “period of control” only to be followed by bouts of uncontrolled eating and/or weight gain?
15. Do I spend too much time thinking about food, arguing with myself about whether or what to eat, planning the next diet or exercise cure, or counting calories?
If you could answer "yes" to any one of the above questions, then you have found your "peeps". You are one of us. Does this program work? Yes, it does. Are you ready to give it a try? What is your next step? That is an easy answer. go to oa.org to find a nearby meeting or click on the meetings menu link above.
Group #09107 Lake Country Intergroup, P. O. Box 9327, Spokane, WA 99209 USA Email: <OALCI.email@example.com> For more information regarding local meetings and any questions you may have call (509) 328-9972 Copyright 2021